Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Successful Start! (Sort of...)

So...
I keep forgetting this blog exists. Sorry!

So I have moved in started class, figured out how early to leave in the morning to catch my 8am class a mile across campus, and successfully not had a breakdown... yet... :)

I have four classes. But don't let that fool you, I am so busy, it's unbelievable. There is study, homework and paper writing time. You have to eat, do laundry and shower... often. I have a work study job, fortunately that's only seven hours a week, (And sixty bucks!!!) and I am also involved in Shakespeare Society, Stage Troup, Wandering Minds, Japanese Student Association, and I plan on going (eventually) to an anime club meeting. Why am I trying to kill myself? I'm not sure, but I am still enjoying myself, even if I am stressed beyond belief.

Things I learned:

  • Don't do laundry at midnight on a school  night. JUST DON'T.
  • Just because they serve pizza at every meal in the dining hall, don't eat it for every meal.
  • Also, access to ice cream does not make the ice cream less fattening.
  • Living on the twelfth floor gives you an amazing opportunity to (sometimes) take the stairs! (It's tiring but rewarding.)
Things I already knew, but for some reason had to re-learn:
  • Sleep, my friend, is the greatest gift you never get in college. 
  • Get involved with clubs- you'll have fun! But not too many, you also have classes.
  • Telling yourself how you will fit everything into your schedule, doesn't make it happen. You Actually have to work at getting yourself motivated and DO IT. 
So that's it for boring things! real posts will come later! WWWOOOOOO

Love, Mel- The Common College Freshman.

No comments:

Post a Comment